Dear colleagues – young professionals of the water sector,
In 2018 we organize our 10th Eastern European IWA YWP conference for Young Water Professionals, our first anniversary conference will take place in a Europe’s most sunny city – Zagreb!
For this anniversary conference, with a focus on the New Technologies in water sector, we have prepared
Special extended program:
- We will start with several practical workshops which will be organized on the outstanding WWTP of Zagreb; some of topics: modelling course, new measurements technics and instruments for monitoring of WWTP, new process solutions and calculations, but also workshops to improve your soft skills: how to publish, how to apply, how to present. This practical part will take 3 days, you will have an opportunity to select and apply for one or several workshops. You will receive an IWA advanced training certificate. We hope that more YWPs from utilities will be attracted by this special practical training session of the event.
- Two following days will be dedicated to scientific presentations. This part of the conference will take place in the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Civil Engineering. In 2018 we would like to give more opportunities for YWPs who would like to prepare an oral presentations. So we have prepared a new concept: two parallel session will run at the same time, one focusing on water management, another on water treatment technologies; however coffee breaks and lunch will take place in one common area to support networking between YWPs. Moreover there will be long and short type of presentation: 10 minutes for a standard presentation and 3 minutes for a short presentation, this presentations can be completed by a poster (not must). We believe that in this way we help YWPs successfully apply for financial support, as most of the countries a poster presentation is not sufficient reason to travel abroad.
- The social program which will take part during the conference days (dinners, meetings, etc.) will be finalised by a one days trip to the famous and very beatiful Plitvice National Park (picture on the first page of this Call). A hiking tour will be organised for YWPs, you will have an opportunity to enjoy unbelivable nature of the national park, meet you pears and spend great time together.
Moreover in 2018:
- The extended abstracts will be included into the Proceedings book with an ISBN
- The full publications will be included into the IWA Conference Proceedings
- The selected papers will be published in the Journals of IWA with high ISI index (Water Science andTechnology ISI 1.106, Water Research ISI 5.323, Journal of Water Supply: Research &Technology -Aqua ISI 0.843, Water Science & Technology: Water Supply ISI 0.394, more info on the IWA website
- Several webinars will be organised for YWPs before the conferenceThe Organizing Committee will help you to obtain a visa if it will be needed. As during the last years the young water professionals coming from low-income countries we have a reduced registration fee; addi- tional reduction is foreseen for IWA members. Several workshops will be free of charge.“During these 10 years we became a little IWA family…”, this comment I have heard so many times during our last conference in Budapest. And I would like to invite You to be part of it! Use this chance to join our international network of young water professionals.